Hello, Podwalkers, and welcome back to another episode of the Goblin Lore Podcast! Today we have something a little different for y'all! It's a Gaming and Mental Health Panel using a similar structure as the Minneapolis Magic Con Panel. This one is Hobbes and some other Psychologist Friends! Dr. Allison Battles has a private practice (found here) that focuses on use of gaming in therapy and Dr. Patrick Cruitt has experience with incorporating TTRPGs into his work. The panel focuses on the recovery model and how gaming can be incorporated into Mental Health Care.
We also finally have a Linktree with all of our discounts/resources
As promised, we keep Mental Health Links available every episode. But For general Mental Health the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has great resources for people struggling with mental health concerns as well as their families. We also want to draw attention to this article on stigma from NAMI's site.
If you’re thinking about suicide or just need someone to talk to right now, you can get support from any of the resources below.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Veteran's can Press 1 at anytime to be taken to the Veteran's Line
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741
- International suicide hotlines: A comprehensive resource list for people outside the US.
- IMAlive: Click Chat Now to access a live online network of volunteers through instant messaging.
- TrevorLifeline, TrevorChat, and TrevorText (LGBTQ+ crisis support): 1-866-488-7386, or text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200
- Trans Lifeline (US): (877) 565-8860
Goblin Lore is proud to be presented by Hipsters of the Coast, and a part of their growing Vorthos content – as well as Magic content of all kinds. Check them out at hipstersofthecoast.com