Make sure your seatbelt is securely tightened, because this month we're travelling back in time our furthest yet! Matilda is joined by fire expert Femke Reidsma, to talk all about how this essential tool was made and used by our ancient human ancestors. How can you recognise an ancient hearth? Why is it so important to study the first use of fire? When was the first portable lighter? And what exactly is matcha? Tune in to hear the answer to all these questions and more!
For rough transcripts of this episode go to https://www.archpodnet.com/teabreak/15
- ResearchGate (where PDFs of all my Femke’s papers can be requested):
- Hearths Paper
- Neanderthal fire making evidence paper
- Fire hawks paper
- Paper on the calming effect of fire
- Fire chronology in Europe
- Name: Femke Reidsma
- twitter: @fhreidsma
Contact the Host
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- insta: @the_archaeologists_teacup
- fb: /TheArchaeologistsTeacup
- twitter: @ArchaeoTeacup
- APN Website: https://www.archpodnet.com
- APN on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/archpodnet
- APN on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/archpodnet
- APN on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/archpodnet
- Tee Public Store: https://www.teepublic.com/stores/archaeology-podcast-network?ref_id=5724
- Motion: https://www.archpodnet.com/motion
- Motley Fool
Save $110 off the full list price of Stock Advisor for your first year, go to https://zen.ai/teafool and start your investing journey today!
*$110 discount off of $199 per year list price. Membership will renew annually at the then current list price.
- Laird Superfood
Are you ready to feel more energized, focused, and supported? Go to https://zen.ai/teabreaktimetravel1 and add nourishing, plant-based foods to fuel you from sunrise to sunset.
- Liquid I.V.
Ready to shop better hydration, use my special link https://zen.ai/teabreaktimetravel to save 20% off anything you order.