109 Plays8 months ago
I am joined by hacker turned software entrepreneur, John Davenport to show me his new idea for using AI to summarise conversations and drill into topics covered.
- AI and Music-Making Part 2: Tomorrow Is The Question →This is Part 2 of our deep-dive into AI music-making. In Part 1, we learned what AI is; examined the challenges of applying AI technology to music-making; and explored uses of AI such as MIDI generation, timbral transfer, and analog modeling.
- Back to the Monolith: Why Did Amazon Dump Microservices? →It’s been a harsh couple of years for buzzy digital products and services. Crypto exchanges have been closing left and right. NFTs haven’t been panning out.
- Let’s Talk About YouTube Face and Clickbait →Today I’m taking off my publisher hat and putting on my content creator hat to examine “YouTube face” and clickbait titles. A few weeks ago, someone asked for my thoughts on YouTube face on my weekly livecast.
- Five big takeaways from Europe’s AI Act →This article is from The Technocrat, MIT Technology Review's weekly tech policy newsletter about power, politics, and Silicon Valley. To receive it in your inbox every Friday, sign up here.
- Your Fave Band Is Reuniting – But Not For the Reasons You Think →Blur, The Walkmen and Pulp are some of the bands staging comebacks. Is it a cynical sign of the times or has something changed? Nostalgia: It’s a hell of a drug, and the 2023 gig calendar is packed with reunion tours that show it’s more potent than ever.
- 30 years of change, 30 years of PDF →We live in a world where the only constant is accelerating change. The twists and turns in the technology landscape over the last 30 years have drained some of the hype from the early days of the consumer digital era. Today we are confronted with all-new, even more disruptive, possibilities.
- AI and Music-Making Part 1: The State of Play →Listen to this article. This is Part 1 of two-part aricle. Read Part 2 here.