This week, I focus on two of the most important skills a developer can have, which also happen to be two of the hardest ones to teach:
- The thought process to break down more complex problems.
- Being able to dive into existing code and quickly make sense of it.
These are probably two of the most important skills you can have as a developer, but they don’t get much attention because they aren’t as easy to convey as “follow along as I code this up”.
I’ll give some tips on how you can improve your skills on both of these though, and as a bonus it can even be a little fun!
Other awesome stuff around the web:
- ShopTalk show’s How to Think like a Frontend Developer
- Hyperplexed’s channel
- Hyperplexed video that I mentioned:
- CSS4 is coming by CSS Weekly
- Workarounds for Buggy Gradients by Keith J. Grant
What I’ve been up to this week:
- The code behind a Hyperplexed video
- Awesome filtering animation with vanilla JS
- CSS Shorthands aren’t always worth it
Find me elsewhere on the web: