Wil Schlaff joins us this week as we continue our series of episodes dedicated to De Novos. Wil is an ASC Development and Operations Specialist, so he has seen it all, and today, we’re focusing on preparing the business side of the house for your new surgery center. We cover capital investments, vendor contracts, finding the best scheduling and billing software, handling HR functions, and everything in between.
In our news recap, we’ll cover the latest collaboration between HCA Healthcare and Google, what’s going on with CMS and nursing homes, the Joint Commission’s new Sustainable Healthcare Certification program, and, of course, end the news segment with a positive story about a pharmacist in Maui who saved hundreds of lives during the wildfires.
- How HCA Is Integrating Google’s Generative AI Into Its Emergency Departments
- Over 80% of nursing homes currently fall short of proposed CMS staffing thresholds
- The Joint Commission announces Sustainable Healthcare Certification for U.S. hospitals
- Sustainable Healthcare Resource Center
- Maui wildfire survivors were left without life-saving medicine. A doctor stepped up to provide them for free.
Interesting in learning more about opening a new surgery center? Check out our related episodes:
- Michael McClain – Opening an ASC: Navigating Payer Contracts
- Wil Schlaff – Opening an ASC: Conducting a Comprehensive Feasibility Assessment
- Dawn Pfeiffer – Ask the Expert: Best Practices for Opening a New Surgery Center
- Beata Canby – Opening an ASC: Managing the Regulatory and Certification Process
- Gregory DeConciliis – Opening an ASC: Clinical Preparation
- Andy Berg – Opening an ASC: Finding Your Dream Team
Brought to you by HST Pathways.