CSS is different from other languages, and while that can seem frustrating and leads to a lot of people complaining about it, there’s a good reason that it is the way it is. In this episode, I explore how and why it’s different, and how we can overcome the frustrations we run into with CSS by adopting the right mindset when authoring our stylesheets.
What I’ve been up to this week:
- A quick guide to CSS focus states
- I just wasted a day on this code, was it worth it?
- Is this the strangest CSS solution out there?
- Choosing between flexbox and grid (not from this week, but mentioned during the podcast)
Other awesome stuff around the web:
- The State of HTML survey
- Jen Simmon’s talk Everything You Know About Web Design Just Changed
- Jen Simmon’s talk Designing Intrinsic Layouts
Find me elsewhere on the web: