While minimalism may sometimes seem trendy, the reality is that the lifestyle has been around for centuries. Indeed, ancient philosophies touted the importance of Less Is More living as a means of finding inner peace amidst frenetic daily life.
Today I speak with author Jessie Kanzer about first steps toward mental minimalism. Jessie argues that you don’t have to be a Zen master to simplify your cognitions and reduce unnecessary internal chatter; she argues too that enlightenment is about first learning to lighten up.
Here’s a preview:
[3:45] Minimalism isn’t a trend, it’s an ancient lifestyle
[10:30] Learning to slow down and be still in an achievement-based world
[16:15] How to get in touch with your Observer Self
[19:30] Taming our “monkey brains” as a means of enjoying little life moments
[21:15] What to do the next time life feels discombobulated
- Don’t Just Sit There, DO NOTHING: Healing, Chilling, and Living with the Tao Te Ching
- Watch the extended version of this interview on Youtube
- Body sugaring 101
- Jessie on Instagram
* Thank you to KiwiCo for sponsoring this week’s episode! Get 30% off your first month plus free shipping with code SUSTAINABLE at kiwico.com.
* Join our (free!) community here.
* Find your tribe. Sustainable Minimalists are on Facebook, Instagram + Youtube.
The post Mental Minimalism appeared first on Sustainable Minimalists.