Hello, Podwalkers, and welcome back to the Goblin Lore Podcast! Back in Episode 109 and Episode 110 Alex and Hobbes were lucky enough to be able to discuss the Killian Lu story with Michelle and Ryan (fist time guest!). A lot of what was discussed then drew heavily from this video by Eugene Yang on Anti-Asian Hate and addressed concerns about the way the story had been told. At the end of those episodes Ryan had mentioned the rumors about the Return to Kamigawa.
Since then there had been apprehension. What would Kamigawa bring? How would it handle Asian Representation in a Cyberpunk World set in a futuristic Kamigawa. So we again reached out to Michelle and Ryan, and while we did this world building video dropped (please go watch if you haven't yet). Last week we covered the video, this week we need to dive a little deeper into the story. The Phyrexians are back in a clearer way than they were on Kaldheim, but we still don't know what is going on. And unfortunately this type of story is not something that Alex in particular enjoys (we cover why today). This leads us to an important discussion about what is coming (both in the story and perhaps with the cast.
We also are proud to have partnered with Grinding Coffee Co a black, LGBT+ affiliated and owned, coffee business that is aimed at providing coffee to gamers. You can read more about their mission here. You can use our partner code for discounted coffee!
As promised, we plan to keep these Mental Health Links available moving forward too. For general Mental Health the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has great resources for people struggling with mental health concerns as well as their families. We also want to draw attention to this article on stigma from NAMI's site.
If you’re thinking about suicide or just need someone to talk to right now, you can get support from any of the resources below.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Veteran's can Press 1 at anytime to be taken to the Veteran's Line
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741
- International suicide hotlines: A comprehensive resource list for people outside the US.
- IMAlive: Click Chat Now to access a live online network of volunteers through instant messaging.
- TrevorLifeline, TrevorChat, and TrevorText (LGBTQ+ crisis support): 1-866-488-7386, or text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200
- Trans Lifeline (US): (877) 565-8860