Home decor is a lot like fashion: the second we invest in a new piece of furniture or a new decor item, the catalogs and showrooms push a new trend. The items we just bought, then? They’re suddenly out of style.
Today I speak with interior designer Jessica Velazquez about curating rooms that are timeless. Jessica believes that style must always support lifestyle: when we play it right, we can design spaces that won’t expire when stores usher in a new trend.
Here’s a preview:
[5:00] Does evergreen and minimalist mean boring? Debunking common home decor myths
[12:00] The Number One way to avoid making costly design mistakes
[18:00] The hierarchy of accent pieces: tips for refreshing a space by zeroing in on accessories
[23:00] What color should we paint our walls?
[27:00] An eco-tip and a correction
- Jessica on Instagram
- Watch the extended version of this interview on Youtube
- Want more episodes like this one? Check out #217: Organized Entryway Ideas
* Thank you to SigmaTeaches for sponsoring this episode! Use code SUSTAINABLE at checkout for up to $200 off your first package.
* Join our (free!) community here.
* Find your tribe. Sustainable Minimalists are on Facebook, Instagram + Youtube.
The post Evergreen Rooms appeared first on Sustainable Minimalists.